- We create, preserve, and disseminate knowledge through research, teaching, and outreach.
- We apply knowledge to help individuals lead more productive lives, and to assist in the development and improvement of firms, organizations, communities, and public institutions.
- We seek to contribute to Michigan, the nation, and the world. We emphasize applied and disciplinary contributions especially to the economic and managerial effectiveness of firms in the food and agricultural sector, and to the sustainability of agricultural production, environmental resources, and rural communities.
- As educators, we work with students, leaders, innovators and problem-solvers.
- We are committed to excellence across all our programs, both domestic and international.
Learn About Our Contributions
- Read our semesterly on-line magazine-format publication, Advancing Economics, Transforming Lives, that summarizes the department’s news for alumni and other stakeholders.
- View our bi-weekly newsletter summarizing events and opportunities.
- Contact Us and/or use Quick Links to stay in touch with other areas of AFRE’s work
Menu - About
- Use the navigation bar at the left, and/or below to find other information about the Department.