Food Security Policy (FSP) Innovation Lab
- The Feed the Future Policy Innovation Lab (FSP) is one of the research and outreach activities managed by the Food Security Group (FSG) of the Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics (AFRE) at MSU.
- The mission of FSP is to help USAID-supported countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to fight hunger, reduce poverty and improve nutritional outcomes through better agricultural, food and nutrition policy.
- FSP is funded as a five year (2013-2018) Leader with Associate award by the U.S. Agency for International Development as part of the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future initiative.
- The project is implemented in partnership with the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in Washington, D.C., and the University of Pretoria (UP) in South Africa. Together, the MSU-IFPRI-UP consortium works with governments, researchers and private sector stakeholders in Feed the Future focus countries in Africa and Asia to increase agricultural productivity, improve dietary diversity and build greater resilience to challenges, like climate change, that affect livelihoods. The final result sought is higher incomes for farmers, higher quality diets at lower cost for consumers, and greater stability in food markets.
- FSP strives to achieve these goals through policy research to build the evidence base, through capacity building to improve/enhance the quality of policy processes and institutional architecture, and through outreach and advocacy to influence policy change.
- Access FSP’s Website: Feed the Future Policy Innovation Lab (FSP)
- View USAID Press Release - FTF-FSP
- View MSU Press Release - FSP
- Access FSP Brochure