International Students


  • International students who are applying to a graduate program in the Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics may request that they be considered for a departmental research assistantship.
  • Competition for assistantships is strong, however, and only a few can be offered each year to international students.

Applying for Financial Assistance

  • There is no special form for requesting financial assistance; simply check the appropriate box on the front of the application form.
  • International students may submit their applications to our department without filling out the statement of financial proof. However, MSU will not issue the I-20 or DS-2019 forms until the financial proof requirement is met either through a departmental assistantship or through funds provided by the applicant or the applicant’s scholarship sponsor outside MSU.

Scholarship Sources at Michigan State University

Scholarship Sources Outside the University

  • Many scholarship sources are available internationally.  MSU Libraries maintains a useful list of Graduate Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loan.
  •  Foreign Fulbright Graduate Student Program is available to students from many countries.  Within the U.S., this program is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE). Outside the U.S., the program is administered in 50 countries by a Binational Commission, and in the remaining countries by the U.S. Information Service (USIS).


This page is maintained by Estrella Starn .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).