James T. Bonnen
Ph.D.,1964. Harvard University
M.S., 1950. Duke University
B.S., 1948. Texas A & M University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Prior Funded Research Projects
- Professor Bonnen helped to guide the formation of policy affecting American agriculture through his work as a teacher/mentor, and as a consultant to industry, government and foundations.
- He served as Senior Staff Economist with the President’s Council of Economic Advisers in 1963-1965,
- He served as a member of the President’s National Advisory Commission on Rural Poverty in 1966-1967
- He was Director of the President’s Federal Statistical System Reorganization Project in 1978-1980.
- He was also a member of the National Advisory Committee to the Institute for Research on Poverty at the University of Wisconsin, and chairman of various committees of the American Agricultural Economics Association and the American Statistical Association.
- From 1968 to 1971, he served as Director of a study on “The Role of the University in Public Affairs” sponsored by the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges and the Carnegie Corporation.