Ph.D., Michigan State University
M.Sc., University of Reading (UK)
B.Sc., (Hons.) University of Reading (UK)
Professor, International Development
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- Approaches to Building Food Security Policy Analysis Capacity in Developing Countries: IFPRI and MSU. Video Presentation by Dr. Duncan Boughton. July 2, 2012
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Capacity-building in Policy Institutions and Higher Education: A View from the Trenches. AFRE Food Security Group. AFRE Department Brown Bag Seminar. January 14, 2014.
- Pathways to Growth through Smallholder Commercial Farming
in Mozambique. Duncan Boughton, Ellen Payongayong and David Mather. Workshop on Transformation of Agri-food Systems and Commercialization of Smallholder Agriculture in Mozambique: Evidence, Challenges and Implications. Maputo. December 9, 2013.
- Global Food Security: defining the challenge. Duncan Boughton and Steve Longabaugh. Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies. Mancelona, MI. July 29, 2013.
- Capacity Building for Food Policy Analysis Lessons: Learned from the Food Security Cooperative Agreement. Duncan Boughton and Eric Crawford. Presentation at USAID. Washington, D.C. March 13, 2012.
- Overview: Food Security Program at Michigan State University. Duncan Boughton and Eric W. Crawford. Presentation to Dr. Rob Bertram, USAID. May 20, 2011.