Ph.D., 1971. Oregon State University
M.S., 1968. University of New England
BS., Agronomy. 1966. University of Adelaide
Former Associate Professor
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics,
Michigan State University
Notable Publications and Presentations (downloadable)
- Evidence Suggests Investing in R&D Systems Remains One of the Best Uses of Donor Resources - Blog Post by Derek Berlee. Jan 10, 2014.
- IFPRI Input Subsidy Seminar - April 18, 2013. Video - Derek Byerlee Presentation
- A Global Land Rush? 2012. Byerlee Keynote Paper at Crawford Fund, Conference Proceedings
- A Global Land Rush? 2012. Byerlee - Powerpoint Presentation at Crawford Fund Annual Parliamentary Conference
- Rising Global Interest in Farmland. 2011. By Klaus Deininger and Derek Byerlee. World Bank
- IFPRI 2020 Conference on the Impact of Investment in CGIAR. 2011. Parallel Session 2C – Video - Derek Byerle Presentation
- IFPRI Seminar - Economics Beyond Markets. 2010. Video - Derek Byerlee Presentation
- Agriculture for Development: Toward a New Paradigm. 2009 . By Derek Byerlee, Alain de Janvry, and Elisabeth Sadoulet
- IFPRI Seminar on Sustainable Agriculture Seminar. July, 2009. Video – Derek Byerlee Presentation
- Fertilizer use in African Agriculture: Lessons Learned and Good Practice Guidelines. 2007. By Morris, Michael; Kelly, Valerie A.; Kopicki, Ron J.; and Byerlee, Derek. ARD Directions in Development. Washington D.C. - The Worldbank.
- World Development Report 2008
- Africa’s Emerging Maize Revolution. 1997. Edited by Derek Byerlee and Carl K. Eicher . Lynee Riemmer Publishers, Inc.
- Institutional Change and Effective Financing of Agricultural Research in Latin America. 1996. By Ruben G. Echeverria, Eduardo J. Trigo and Derek Byerlee
- Income Distribution, Consumption Patterns and Consumption Linkages in Rural Sierra Leone. 1977. by Robert P. King and Derek Byerlee.
- Rural Employment in Tropical Africa : Summary of Findings. 1977. by Derek Byerlee, Carl K. Eicher, Carl Liedholm and Dunstan S.C. Spencer. Dept. of Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University and Njala, Sierra Leone : Department of Agricultural Economics, Njala University College.