Ph.D., 1989. Michigan State University
M.S., 1978. Laval University
B.S., 1962. Laval University
Former Associate Professor of International Development
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Notable Publications and Presentations (downloadable)
- Welcome Address -Video by Dr. Josué Dioné, at the 2nd Targeted Workshop for GEF IW Projects in Africa in Addis Ababa in November. 2012
- Dioné Comments - Partners Commend ECA’s technical Support on Sustainable Development in Africa. 2012. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 17 June 2012 (ECA) - African participants at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20).
- Josué Dioné - Comments on Agricultural Productivity & Food Security - Video. 2011. Conference –“Increasing Agricultural Productivity and Enhancing Food Security in Africa, New Challenges and Opportunities” November 1-3, 2011, Addis Ababa
- Josué Dioné - Keynote Statement at the Third Regional Implementation Meeting (RIM-3) Economic Commission for Europe, Jan 2008. Geneva, Switzerland.
- Sahel Regional Program for Strengthening Institutional Research Capacity on Food Security in The Sahel (PRISAS) Food Security II Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University. January 1990 - September 2002
- PRISAS/INSAH-MSU-USAID Sahel Regional Food Security Project: Results And Impact. 1996. by Josué Dioné and James Tefft. MSU
- Adjustment, Policy Reform and Agricultural Transformation in the Sahel. 1995. by Josué Dioné. Workshop on Agricultural Transformation in Africa.
- Food Security Policy Reform in Mali and The Sahel. 1989. by Josué Dioné. Paper presented at the International Economic Association World Congress, Athens, Greece
- The Use of Farm and Market Survey Data to Inform Food Security Policy in Mali. 1988. by Josué Dioné Ph.D. thesis, Michigan State University