Valerie A. Kelly
Ph.D., 1988. Michigan State University
M.S., 1984. Michigan State University
B.A., 1967. American University
Associate Professor for International Development, Emeritus
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Peaks Island, Maine
Notable Publications and Presentations (Downloadable)
- 2012. Edited by Thomas Fairhurst with contributions from leading practitioners in ISFM in an African context, including Valerie Kelly. African Soil Health Consortium .
- Farmers’ Production and Marketing Response to Rice Price Increases and Fertilizer Subsidies in the Office Du Niger. 2012. By David Mather and Valerie Kelly. MSU International Development Working Paper 129.
- Cereal Market Dynamics: The Malian Experience from the 1990s to Present. 2012. By Valerie Kelly, Abdoul Murekezi, Nathalie Me-nsope, Sonja Perakis, and David Mather. MSU International Development Working Paper 128.
- The New Generation of African Fertilizer Subsidies: Panacea or Pandora’s Box? 2011. By Valerie Kelly, Eric Crawford, and Jacob Ricker-Gilbert. MSU Policy Synthesis No.87.
- Presentation. Panacea or Pandora’s Box? Fertilizer Subsidy Impacts and Recommendations for Improving Subsidy Performance. 2010. By Valerie Kelly and Eric Crawford. Food Security III Symposium: Applying a Quarter- Century of Food Security “Lessons Learned” to Implementing the Feed the Future Initiative. USAID Washington D.C.. October 4.
- Towards “Smart” Subsidies in Agriculture? Lessons from Recent Experience in Malawi. 2008. By Andrew Dorward, Ephraim Chirwa, Duncan Boughton, Eric Crawford, Thom Jayne, Rachel Slater, Valerie Kelly and Maxton Tsoka. ODI Natural Resource Perspectives 116.
- Input Use and Market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: An Overview. 2003. By Eric Crawford, Valerie Kelly, T.S Jayne, and Julie Howard. Food Policy. Volume 28, Issue 4, August. Special Issue on Input Use and Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Agricultural Statistics in Sub-Saharan Africa: Differences in Institutional Arrangements and their Impacts on Agricultural Statistics Systems. A Synthesis of Four Country Case Studies. 2008. By Kelly, Valerie A. and Donovan, Cynthia. MSU IDP 95.