John T. Mann
Ph. D. Oklahoma State University
M.B.A. Oklahoma Christian University
B.S. Southern Nazarene University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
East Lansing Michigan 48824-1039
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Mann, John and Shida Henneberry. “Do Graduate Students’ Preferences for Course Delivery Differ from Undergraduate Students?” Presented at the American Economic Association/Allied Social Science Association Conference, Philadelphia, PA, January 3-5, 2014.
- Shideler, Dave (presenter) and John Mann. “The Nature of Entrepreneurship and Its Implications for Policy.” Presented at Galaxy IV Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, September 16-20, 2013.
- Mann, John, Brian Adam, and Frank Arthur. “Stored-grain Insect Control Costs in Varying Climates and Levels of Insect’s Phosphine Resistance.” Paper Presentation the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association Meeting, Washington, DC, August 4-6, 2013.
- Mann, John and Shida Henneberry. “Undergraduate Preferences for Course Delivery and Online Course Attributes.” Paper Presentation at American Economic Association Conference on Teaching and Research in Economic Education, Chicago, IL, May 29-31, 2013.
- Mann, John and Scott Loveridge. “Rural Firms and Land-Grant University Technology Transfer.” Paper Presentation at the Mid-Continent Regional Science Association Meeting, Kansas City, MO, May 29-31, 2013.
- Mann, John and Shida Henneberry. “Undergraduate Preferences and Willingness-to-Pay for College Course Attributes.” Paper Presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association Meeting, Seattle, WA, August 12-14, 2012.
- Mann, John and Dave Shideler. “Entrepreneurial Culture and Fiscal Policy Impacts on Measures of Entrepreneurship.” Paper Presented at the Southern Regional Science Association Meeting, Charlotte, NC, March 21-25, 2012.
- Mann, John and Dave Shideler (presenter). “Estimating Government Policy Preferences to Predict New Firm Formation.” Paper Presented at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association Meeting, Pittsburg, PA, July 24-26, 2011.
Miller, Steve and John Mann. “On Measuring the Importance of Local food to Regional Economies.” Paper presentation at the Mid-Continent Regional Science Association Meeting, Charlotte, NC, June 9-11, 2016
Mann, John, Scott Loveridge, Steve Miller. “First-time Awardees vs. Mills: Factors Influencing the Historic Impact the SBIR program.” Special presentation to SBIR/STTR National Program Leaders, NIFA, USDA, Washington, D.C., October 20, 2015.
Mann, John, Scott Loveridge, Jason Parker. “Assessing University Tech-Transfer in the North Central Region: From Faculty Entrepreneurs to R&D Expenditure Impacts.” Special presentation to AES Directors at the 2015 Annual NCRA meeting, Charlotte, NC, September 28-20, 2015.
Mann, John, Scott Loveridge, and Steve Miller. “Firm Specialization in Technology Transfer Grants: Good, Bad, or Indifferent?” Paper presentation at the Mid-Continent Regional Science Association Meeting, St. Louis, MO, May 27-29, 2015.
Mann, John and Dave Shideler. “The Impact of State Level Discretionary Fiscal Policy Preferences on Innovation-Based Entrepreneurship” Paper presentation at the Southern Regional Science Association Meeting, Mobile, AL, March 26-28, 2015.