Donald C. Mead
Ph.D., 1962. Yale University
M.S., 1957. Yale University
B.S., 1956. Haverford College
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Mead Biographical Information
Professor Emeritus Mead joined MSU as a Professor of Agricultural Economics in 1979 and worked until retirement in 1998, with primary emphasis on international economic development..
Areas of research interest.
- Linkages between large and small enterprises.
- Patterns of growth of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Project and policy needs of small enterprises.
- Institutional structures for the promotion of small enterprises.
- Patterns of employment growth among enterprises of different types and sizes.
- Alternative mechanisms for linking small enterprises to the rest of the economy.