Steven R. Miller
Ph.D., Oklahoma State University
B.A., Oklahoma State University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Dr. Steven R. Miller specializes in applied economic methods for forecasting and impact analysis. As a graduate, Steven maintained and programmed the Oklahoma State University Econometric Forecasting model and served as investigator on several Oklahoma Department of Human Resources studies of TANF funding, and child support studies for impact and needs assessments.
He has produced numerous impact assessments of Wichita, Kansas area businesses seeking state and local sponsored incentives, produced papers on aviation demand across competing regional airports, and papers on alternative estimation methods of systems modeling.
Research and Outreach Interests
- Building models for and producing national, state and local economic forecasts
- Impact assessment of industry and policy
- State and local incentives for economic development
- Spatial estimation models
- Bayesian vector autoregression models for forecasting
- Impact assessment of recreation destination