Robert J. Myers
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
M.S., University of New England, Australia
B.S., University of New England, Australia
University Distinguished Professor and Associate Chairperson for Graduate Programs
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- University Distinguished Professor Background - View a video discussing Professor Myer’s research and student mentoring
Selected Research/Outreach Presentations
- Prospects for Using Market-Based Price Risk Management Instruments to Benefit Smallholder Farmers in ESA. David Tschirley and Bob Myers. Presentation for the “Oxfam Convening on Price Risk Transfer Tools for Poor Farmers in Africa”. Washington, D.C. January 13-14, 2011.
- Proposed Approach to Analyzing World Food Program LRP Effects. David Tschirley and Bob Myers. Presented at WFPs P4P M&E Technical Meeting, Dupont Circle Hotel, Washington DC, 19-20 April, 2011.
- Traub, Lulama, Robert J. Myers, T.S. Jayne, and Ferdinand Meyer. Measuring Price Transmission in Maize Grain Markets: The case of South Africa and Mozambique. Awarded 1st place among contributed papers submitted to the African Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Meetings, Cape Town, South Africa, September 21, 2010. Presentation.
- A Century of Research on Agricultural Markets. 2010. By Robert J. Myers, Richard J. Sexton, And William G. Tomek. Amer. J. Agr. Econ. 92(2): 376–402; doi: