Flora Janet Nankhuni
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
MS., Pennsylvania State University
BS., University of Malawi, Chancellor College
Associate Professor, International Development
Agriculture, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Publications (View a listing of all Nankhuni’s publications on Googel Scholar sorted by year)
- IEG forthcoming. Social Safety Nets and Gender: Learning from Impact Evaluations and World Bank Projects. Independent Evaluation Group, World Bank. Washington, DC. (Core team-member)
- Nankhuni F.J., Paniagua G. 2013. Meta-evaluation of Private Sector Interventions in Agribusiness: Finding out What Worked in Access to Finance and Farmer/Business Training. Development Impact Department, IFC, World Bank Group. Washington, DC. Accessible on 3ie database of systematic reviews (http://www.3ieimpact.org/en/evidence/systematic-reviews/details/255/). (Lead author).
- World Bank 2012. Toward Gender Equality and Development in East Asia and the Pacific: A Companion to World Development Report 2012. World Bank. Washington, DC. (Core team -member).
- IEG 2011. Growth and Productivity in Agriculture and Agribusiness – Evaluative Lessons from World Bank Group Experience. Independent Evaluation Group, World Bank. Washington, DC. (Co-author).
- IEG 2011. The Africa Action Plan: An IEG Evaluation. Independent Evaluation Group, World Bank. Washington, DC. (Core team-member).
- Nankhuni F. and K. Beegle 2006. “The Impacts of Chronic Illness and HIV/AIDS on Households in Malawi”. Chapter in “Malawi Poverty and Vulnerability Assessment: Investing in Our Future”. Republic of Malawi and the World Bank, Lilongwe, Malawi and Washington DC, USA. (Co-author).
- Nankhuni F.J., Findeis J.L. 2006. “Child Malnutrition and the Environment: How Women’s Work in Collecting Environmental Goods Affects Children’s Health in Malawi. Population Association of America 2006 Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California, March 30-April 1, 2006. (Lead author).
- Nankhuni F.J., Findeis J.L. 2004. “Natural Resource Collection Work and Children’s Schooling in Malawi”. Journal of Agricultural Economics Vol. 31 (2-3): 123-134. (Lead author).
- Nankhuni F.J., Todd B., Mukherjee S. 2001. A relative profile of poverty in Malawi 1998: A quintile-based poverty analysis of the Malawi Integrated Household Survey, 1997-98. Republic of Malawi, Lilongwe, Malawi and IFPRI, Washington DC, USA.