Ph.D. Michigan State University
M.Sc. Michigan State University
B.S. Escuela Agrícola Panamericana, Zamorano, Honduras
Former Assistant Professor, International Development
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- 2011. By Byron Reyes. Presentation. Latin American Learning Open Resource Collection
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- An Assessment of the Bean Seed Distribution Models Implemented Under the Bean Technology Dissemination Project: Results of key informant interviews and surveys conducted in Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. 2014. By Mywish Maredia, Byron Reyes, and David DeYoung, Michigan State University. Presentation at Final Regional Workshop of the BTD Project, Guatemala, 19‐20 March.
Characteristics of a Sustainable Seed System: Application of the principles of sustainability to two models used in Central America. 2014. By Byron Reyes and Mywish K. Maredia. Michigan State University. Presentation at a Session on Innovations in Sustainable Seed Systems for Grain Legumes. Legume Innovation Lab Global Meeting, Athens, May 14.
- Maredia, M and Reyes, B. 2013. “Impact Pathways and Relevance to Legume Innovation Lab Projects” Legume Innovation Lab Project Planning Meetings.
- Reyes, B. A. Bernsten, R. H. Maredia, M., Crawford, E. W. 2012. “Seed Systems as a Basis for Achieving Impacts from Research Investments in Bean and Cowpea Breeding”. 2012 Global Researchers Meeting, Dry Grain Pulses CRSP, Rwanda, February 14.
- Improved Bean Varieties in Central America and Ecuador Generate Economic Benefits to Farmers. By Byron Reyes. English version; Spanish version Legume Innovation Lab Impact Brief No. 1.
- Impact Brief, 2: Sustaining a Steady Flow of High Yielding, Improved Bean Varieties Through the Bean Research Network in Central America. By Byron Reyes. English version; Spanish version* Legume Innovation Lab Impact Brief No. 2.
- Impact study on bean improvement research in Central America and Ecuador. By Byron Reyes.
- ProRenda: Estudo de base, Zona Planalto de Angola. Cynthia Donovan, Byron Reyes and Valerie Kelly. Universidade Estadual de Michigan. Huambo, Angola 14 de Junho, 2010.