Ph.D., Michigan State University
M.S., Michigan State University
B.S., Purdue University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- Forget about a new Farm Bill clearing the halls of Congress in 2017. Michigan State University Ag Economist, Dr. Dave Schweikhardt predicts 2017 will be needed to complete the transition to a Trump Administration within USDA. Published on Nov 16, 2016, Michigan Farm Bureau
- Immigration Reform, long considered a political hot potato, “…is now owned by the Republican Party,” thanks to the Trump campaign’s focus on the issue, says Michigan State University Ag Economist, Dr. Dave Schweikhardt. Published on Nov 16, 2016, Michigan Farm Bureau
- Host: Dr. B. James Deaton, Dept. Of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics (FARE), University of Guelph Interviewee: Dr. David Schweikhardt Professor of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics at Michigan State University. .
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Figuring out risk insurance under the 2014 Farm Bill - News story on Schweikhardt’s work with FIRM team - 2016.
- How the Farm Bill impacts all of us. Michigan Radio interviews Dr. David Schweikhardt, 2013.
- 2013 Farm Bill Debate. Background story on Professor Schweikhardts work on policy and farm bills.