Ph.D., Economics, University of Colorado
M.A., Economics, University of Colorado
B.A., Economics, University of Washington
Professor and Morris Chair in State and Local Government Finance and Policy
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Economics
Michigan State University
Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- Detroit’s Bankruptcy and the Property Tax Mark. 2014. Mark Skidmore Lecture at the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy- March 5, 2014, Lincoln House, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Wicked Problems and Local Governance: Davison, MI. Video Presentation by Dr. Mark Skidmore
- Role of Knowledge Institutions. An Application of the Wicked Problem Framework to Institutional Change: The Case of Davison, Michigan. Presentation by Dr. Mark Skidmore
- Dr. Mark Skidmore Research Interest -Sustainable Michigan Endowed Project (SMEP)
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Interview with Mark Skidmore about some current research on property tax issues - Visiting Fellow at the Lincoln Institute. Jan 2014.
- Foreclosures, Property Value Assessment, Practices and Tax Delinquency in the Motor City (Detroit) by James Alm, Tim Hodge, Sung Kang, Dan McMillen, Laura Reese, Gary Sands, & Mark Skidmore. Presentation Nov 2013.
- Property Taxation in Michigan. by Dr. Mark Skidmore, Morris Chair in State and Local Government Finance and Policy. Oct 6-7, 2008.