David L. Tschirley
Ph.D., Michigan State University
M.S., Michigan State University
B.S., Colorado State University
Professor, International Development
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture
East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- More and Better Jobs for Youth in Agrifood System. 2017. VIDEO from World Bank Presentation by Julie Howard, David Tschirley and Kwame Yeobah, Washington DC, May 9, 2017
- Mega Trend 2. Rapid Urbanization and Food System Transformation , Global Center for Food Systems Innovation. By David Tschirley May 2013.
- Rapid Urbanization Megatrend 2 Definition. by David Tschirley May 2013.
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Africa’s Unfolding Diet Transformation: What Do We Know, What Do We Need to Know, and What Role for Policy? 2017. By David Tschirley. Presented at the World Bank, Washington, DC, 30 March 2017
- The Ability of Cotton to Drive Food Crop Intensification in Sub-Saharan Africa. Veronique Theriault & David Tschirley. AAEA Meeting. August 6, 2013.
- Input Value Chains Among the Horticultural Producers of Maputo. By Jennifer Cairns, Isabel Sitoe Cachomba, & David Tschirley. Dec 9, 2013
- Caracterização dos sistemas de produção e comercialização de hortícolas nas principais zonas que abastecem a cidade de Maputo. Isabel Cachomba, Jennifer Cairns, David Tschirley, & Jason Snyder. Seminário de Horticultura em Moçambique “Presente e Futuro.” Maputo. 6-7 de Agosto de 2013.
- Institutional Diversity and Performance in African Cotton Systems: Learning from Experience in WCA and ESA. Presented by David Tschirley on behalf of research team (Tschirley, Poulton, Gergely, Labaste, Baffes, Boughton, Estur). International Conference on cotton “Rationale and evolution of cotton policies” Amphi Jacques Alliot, CIRAD, Montpellier. May 13-17, 2008.