Warren H. Vincent
Ph.D., 1953. Computer Science and Systems Analysis, Iowa State University
MS., 1949. Production Economics, Michigan State University
B.S., 1947. Farm Management, Michigan State University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics,
Michigan State University
Vincent Biographical Information (Click here to view)
- List of advisees and respective theses/dissertations topics
- Selected publications, many downloadable, from
Other Notable Downloadable Publications/Presentations
- A Farm Panel as a Source of Income and Expenditure Data. 1959. by Warren H. Vincent. Agricultural Economics Research. Volume 11, Number 4.
- Economics and Management in Agriculture. 1962. Warren H. Vincent, Editor. Prentice-Hall
- A Framework for Developing Computerized Farm Management Information. 1970. by Larry J. Connor and Warren H. Vincent. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue Canadienne d’agroeconomie Volume 18, Issue 1.
- An Analysis of New Land Development in Korea. 1977. by Raleigh Barlowe, W. S. Haley, Byeong-do Kim, B. S. Ryu and W. H. Vincent. KASS Special Report # 3. Michigan State University.
Photos of Professor Vincent at Work
Professor Emeritus Warren H. Vincent was born on a farm in Calhoun County, Michigan. He served in the U.S. Army 1943-46. He joined the staff of the Department in 1949 as an extension specialist in farm management and in 1958 began his work of teaching and research. He conducted research on a probability sample as the basis for a system for “mail-in” farm accounts. He worked extensively in areas of farm management and production economics, applied his skills and dedicated attention to details in domestic as well as international settings, and advised and mentored a large number of students. Professor Vincent was Editor of and contributor to an important early text book on Economics and Management in Agriculture, published by Prentice Hall in 1962.
He also completed a number of international long-term assignments. He was head of the Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nigeria at Nsukka working under the M.S.U. University of Nigeria Program, from July 1966 to July 1968. He also worked in Ethiopia, Thailand and the Philippines. He spent time working as an Economist, with the Federal Extension Service, USDA,Washington, D.C. in 1965.
Language: French. Member of Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Zeta, Gamma Sigma Delta.