Michael T. Weber
Ph.D., 1976. Michigan State University
M.S., 1974. Michigan State University
B.S., 1969. Southern Illinois University
Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan
Notable Publications and Presentations (downloadable)
- AFRE Website Training Materials
- Notes on Best Practices for Accessibility and Readability on the AFRE Website (Sept 16, 2016) by MT Weber
- Draft AFRE Website Style Manual - Notes on best practices to enhance website readability on multiple size browsing devices by MT Weber, Sept 2016
- Recommended Resource About Writing for Websites (Rutgers University Writing for Websites)
- Tutorial on Creating a New Faculty Profile for the AFRE Website
- Form for Information Needed to Create a New Faculty Profile - Downloadable Word Document
- Tutorial on Posting to Expression Engine a New Faculty Profile
- Tutorial on Editing and Posting to Expression Engine Information on an Existing Faculty Profile
- Form for Obtaining Project Information (Downloadable Word Document)
- Tutorial on Posting Information About a New Project, or Editing/Archiving an Existing Project
- Value Chains for Staples Compared to Other Crops: Implications of Key Differences and Comments on Competitiveness. Michael T. Weber, Professor Emeritus. FAO/IFAD Consultation on Rebuilding West Africa Agricultural Production Potential: A Comparison of Commodity Chain Models and The Role of Small Farmers in Staple Crop Value Chains- FAO. Rome. Nov 2011.
- Food Security by The Numbers. Observations from the USAID-MSU Food Security Cooperative Agreement FS III. Challenges in Collecting and Using Information To Inform Goals of Poverty Reduction, Food Security, Enhanced Productivity and Income Growth for Small-Scale Farmers. Michael T. Weber. Presented at 2010 USAID Economic Growth Officer’s Conference. Washington DC. June 21-25, 2010.
- Video - Zambia Fertilizer Reform Outreach meeting. Chisamba, Zambia - 2009
Guidelines for Building Sustainable Market Information Systems in Africa with Strong Public-Private Partnerships. 2005. by Michael T. Weber, Cynthia Donovan, John M. Staatz and Niama Nango Dembélé. MSU Policy Synthesis No 78.
- Smallholder Income and Land Distribution in Africa: Implications for Poverty Reduction Strategies. 2003. by T.S. Jayne, T. Yamano, M.T. Weber, and D. Tschirley. Food Policy, Volume 28, Issue .3
- Zimbabwe Food Security Success Story - Maize Market Reforms Improve Access to Food Even While Government Eliminates Food Subsidies. 1996. by T.S. Jayne, Lawrence Rubey, Munhamo Chisvo and Michael T. Weber. MSU Policy Synthesis No 18.
- Restructuring Food Systems to Support a Transformation of Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa: Experience and Issues. 1993. By John M. Staatz, T.S. Jayne, David Tschirley, James D. Shaffer, Josue Dione, James Oehroke, and Michael T. Weber. Paper presented at the AAEA Pre-Conference Workshop on “Post-Green Revolution Agricultural Development Strategies in the Third World-What Next?” Orlando, Florida, July 30-31.
- Informing Food Security decisions in Africa: Empirical Analysis and Policy Dialogue. 1988. by Michael T Weber, John M Staatz, Eric W Crawford, Richard H Bernsten and John S Holtzman. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 70, Issue 5.
- A Diagnostic Perspective Assessment of the Production and Marketing System for Mangoes in the Eastern Caribbean. 1985. by Alan Hrapsky with Michael Weber and Harold Riley. MSU IDWP 23.
- Marketing in Developing Countries. 1983. By Harold M. Riley and Michael T. Weber. Chapter 16 in Future Frontiers in Agricultural Marketing edited by Paul Ferris. Iowa State University Press.
- Michigan Agriculture and Its Linkages to Developing Nations. 1984. Larry Lev, Michael T. Weber and Skip Bittenbender
- Micro-Level Research on Rural Marketing Systems. 1980. by Roger Fox (University of Arizona) and Michael T. Weber (MSU). Contributed paper at the 17th International Conference of Agricultural Economists.
- Weber End of Brazil Teaching/Research Report: Federal University of Ceara Fortaleza, Ceara. August 1976 to June 1978
- Fomenting Improvements in Food Marketing in Costa Rica. 1973. By Kelly M. Harrison, James D. Shaffer and Michael T. Weber. Latin American Studies Center, Michigan State University
- Spanish Version of above-under construction
- Toward Improvement of Rural Food Distribution. 1977. By Michael T. Weber. PhD Dissertation
MSU and Related Publication Series Which Professor Weber Helped Develop at MSU Over his Career
- Marketing in Developing Communities Series - MSU Latin American Studies Center Series
- MSU Rural Development Papers. 1978-1980
- MSU Rural Development Series Working Papers. 1979 -1982
- MSU International Development Papers. 1982 - Current
- MSU International Development Working Papers. 1982- Current
- MSU International Development Policy Syntheses. 1996- Current
Suggestions Professor Weber Developed for Revisions of the Food Security Group Website - 2015