Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy: West Africa
- West Africa Region Project Website
1. Support for ECOWAS Joint Sector Review (JSR) process, by IFPRI and MSU
In support of the ECOWAS JSR process, MSU has prepared a series of three overview documents assessing the current state of regional fertilizer, seed and pesticide policies, while IFPRI is currently conducting a series of regional consultations to support JSR assessments in Cape Verde, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Niger and Liberia and Electronic Atlas (eAtlas) validation for Cote d’Ivoire, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and Togo.
2. Uneven implementation of regional pesticide policies
In response to concerns expressed by ECOWAS Agricultural Commissioner Marc Atouga, to USAID/WA, about uneven rates of country implementation of regional policies, MSU and local partners in the region are currently conducting a series of case studies of uneven implementation of regional pesticide policies. First results from Mali are available here.
Status: Core-funded Activities and Buy-In Mission
Funding dates: 9/8/2014 – 7/14/2018
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS)