Korean Agricultural Simulation Advisory Services. [1976 – 1977]
- Michael Abkin, (System Science and Agricultural Economics - MSU)
Project end date: December 31, 1977
Project Name: Korean Agricultural Simulation Advisory Services
Donor: Agency for International Development
Contract No: AID/TA-C-1322
Account No: Not available
Duration: June 1976 - December 1977
Key MSU Faculty: Michael Abkin (Systems Science and Agricultural Economics, MSU)
Documents: (Click here to view)
Project Goals: To advise and assist Korean staff in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries and the National Agricultural Economics Research Institute on computer model operation, up-dating of data, testing various policy alternatives, and evaluating results and use of the model tested and adapted under contract AID/csd-2975.
- To further model development to keep results current and relevant to the needs of Government of Korea decision makers.
- To ensure that new information is entered into the model in a timely and regularly scheduled manner.
- To advise on procedural techniques and routines.
- To advise on organizational arrangements for accomplishing required functions.
- To review the results obtained in terms of logical expectations.
- To continue in-service training to refine model operation.
- To evaluate model results and utilization of output.
Cooperating Institutions: Korean Ministries of Agriculture and Fisheries, Science and Technology, and the Bureau of Statistics
Project Summary: The services provided by M. Abkin under the terms of this contract constitute the final inputs of MSU during a transition period as the Koreans assumed control and responsibility for these activities. A final report by M. Abkin provides an overview of the project and information on his activities in Korea.
- Korean Simulation Model Advisory Service: Semi-Annual Report. 1997. By Michael Abkin.
- Summary of Objectives, Activities, and Accomplishments of the Agricultural Sector Analysis and Simulation Project, 1967-1979. 1979. By Abkin, Michael H., Tom W. Carroll, Glenn L. Johnson, Thomas J. Manetsch, and George E. Rossmiller. East Lansing: Agricultural Economics Report No. 368. Department of Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University