Zambia Food Security Research Project / INDABA Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI) [2013-2016]
Project end date: September 30, 2016
- MSU/AFRE through the Zambia Food Security Research Project (FSRP-III), which is an Associate Award under the FS III Cooperative Agreement, receives financial assistance from USAID/Zambia and SIDA/Zambia. This work supports the development of the Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI) a new robust, autonomous and sustainable agricultural policy research and outreach institution.
- The project also works to build capacity for agricultural policy analysis more broadly in Zambia. It works in a collaborative framework involving the current Agricultural Consultative Forum (ACF), the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MAL), the Central Statistical Office (CSO),the University of Zambia (UNZA),and other selected Zambian organizations.
- In addition, MSU will help IAPRI to run a Competitive Grants Fund (CGF) program to nurture local capacity and local dissemination of knowledge to mainstream audiences through commissioning and mentoring local groups to undertake policy analysis and outreach.
- The overall mission of the program is to generate and integrate research findings into national, regional, and international policy strategies to promote sustainable agricultural growth as a means to cut hunger and poverty in Zambia.
- Implementation: Apr. 2013 - Sept 2016.
Experimenting with electronic vouchers for agricultural inputs
Electronic voucher (phone scratch card which farmers can redeem at selected input dealers)