Environmental Economics & Management
- For students currently enrolled in Environmental Economics and Policy Majors (EEP), the degree requirements: Environmental Economics and Policy Degree Requirements
- For students currently enrolled in Environmental Economics and Management Majors (EEM), the degree requirements: Environmental Economics and Management Degree Requirements
- Environmental Economics and Management prepares you for a career that requires balancing environmental sustainability and economic development goals. The major is a broad, integrated study of environmental economics, public finance, economic development, community and regional studies and environmental science. The major develops economic analysis skills and basic environmental science knowledge and applies these skills and knowledge to analyze the role of environmental considerations in economic decisions of governments, firms and households. The environmental economics and policy major prepares you for employment opportunities with state, federal and international government agencies, environmental interest groups, environmental consulting firms and industry.The major also offers students the opportunity to prepare for graduate study in environmental economics or environmental policy studies programs.
- Advising Office -Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 W. Circle Dr., Room 1.
Advising appointments are scheduled online(Chrome is preferred).
Express Advising is Wednesday afternoons 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. There is no Express Advising during the summer.
Recent Training and Career Information
- Salary Range: $25,000 – $42,000
- Career Positions
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Economics Analyst
- Environmental or Industry Lobbyist
- Environmental Policy Analyst
- Land Conservancy Director
- Legislative Assistant
- Resource Management Specialist
Companies Hiring MSU Grads
- AARC Environmental Inc.
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Consulting Firms
- County and Regional Planning Offices
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Environmental Consulting Firms
- Environmental Interest Groups
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Industry Trade Associations
- Local Governments
- Michigan Environmental Council
- State and Federal Agencies
- United States Department of Agriculture
MSU Study Abroad Opportunities